Monday, December 1, 2008

San Diego









The weekend before Thanksgiving, Symen and I went to San Diego with Justin and Miriam. We had a blast. Let me just warn you, there will be a lot of pictures in this post. The kids settled in with my mom, so Symen and I left on Thursday. We had a good flight.













After dinner at El Torrito, the boys were a little slap happy and being silly. Junior got a early birthday kiss from Justin. Sadly, this is not his first kiss from a guy. Aaron you will always be Junior's first.















The reason for the trip was Justin and Junior both turned 30 this year only a week a part.

On Friday, we went to the San Diego Temple for a session. The Temple was absolutely amazing. It was beautiful inside and out. Miriam and I were able to take a peek at the brides room. I see now why brides come from all over to get married here. After our session we walked around the temple grounds and took some pictures. It was wonderful to feel the spirit in the temple that day. Junior and I really need to feel the love the Lord.


On Friday we also went to see TWILIGHT! I loved the books, so I was excited to see the movie. The boys on the other hand were not as excited to see the movie. However, being good hubbies, they went. I loved the movie, I thought it was pretty close to the book, the special effects were kinda lame, but I loved how they made Edward sparkle. All in all it was a good movie, I feel like I need to go see it again, just to relax and watch it, not try to judge it the whole way through.
Saturday morning, we got up and walked to the beach. It was about 4 miles there and back. It was such a nice walk. Junior and I had a chance to talk and enjoy the time together. A older man on a bike stopped us, and said "It's sure nice to see a couple holding hands."

After our morning walk (run for Justin and Miriam), we went to the U.S.S. Midway. The Midway is an aircraft carrier that has been turned into a museum.






Junior had a blast at the Midway. I love the picture of him concentrating on the control panel of a F-18. He was like a 10 year old little boy.







On the other hand, this is what Miriam thought.






Just kidding, we all had a fun.







We had so much fun on this trip. There was laughter and good times. It was great for Junior and I to take the time to re-connect and leave the stresses of life at home. It reminded me that no matter what life brings me, I am thankful that I have my best friend by my side to go through it with me. And I also, have a great family.

2 comments:

Miriam said...

So you put the kissing picture up? I didn't know you got a picture of that special moment between Justin and JR :) I guess now the whole world can share in the moment...ha! ha! It really was a blast- just remember...10 years- Hawaii here we come!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Hi Jenn! Sorry I missed your call the other day, I got a bad virus on my work computer and it is fried, so I took it into the office to make sure it is fixed before I start working again. Your trip looks like a lot of fun! I'll call you this week, let's plan the dinner! We really need to get together.