Saturday, May 1, 2010

Illinois

My sweet cousin Kandi passed away last month. She has battled rheumatiod arthritis her whole life. Being around her was like being next to the sun. She was always sunny and had a bright outlook on life. She will truly be missed.


Mom, Clay, Krew, and I went back to Galesburg, Ill for her celebration of life. We left Friday on the 6:30 a.m. flight, so that means we woke up at 3:30 to get ready and out the door. (If you have ever traveled with my mom, she needs to be at the airport at least 2 hours early.)

Krew did great on the 3 hour flight. Thanks to a little Benadryl. He was happy and playing then, wham! He was out.
He only cried when we descended and his ear hurt. I received a bunch of complements on how well he did.
On Saturday we drove 3 hours to Chicago to pick up my brother, Justin. Going to Chicago is never a bad deal, because of Garrett's popcorn and Gino's pizza.

We ordered our pizza and while we waited for it to cook, we walked 6 blocks picked up some popcorn and made it back in time for some pizza.

Sunday we went to Kandi's celebration of life. It was really nice. Kandi would have loved it. We danced, chatted, ate, and enjoyed time together as a family.

Here is Krew with Jessica. Jessica is the oldest of the great-grandchildren and Krew is the
youngest. Is it just me or do they look alike?

Justin and me with our cousins. The only one that was missing was Janette. The last time we had all of us together was my wedding 11 years ago.


Here is Grandma and her grandkids.

It was a great trip, however, I was definitely worn out when I got home. Krew was amazing. He was passed around, woken from naps, and never got to sit and play. He never fussed or cried, he just went with the flow. As my grandma whould say, "If I had a dime, for everytime someone told me, how good or how cute Krew was, I would be rich".

No comments: