Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas preprations

Last Sunday was the First Presidencies Christmas message. What I got from it was that the prophet was saying simply, Christmas is about family, not the commerical aspect of the holiday. If you can't afford a big Christmas then don't have a big Christmas. It really reminded me not to get all caught up in the world and focus on my little family and what is best for us.
We have been having a fun making our Christmas special. We started by taking the kids to go pick out a tree. This is a new thing for them, because we have a fake tree. Of course, it is in storage. It was not a long process, because I think with the wind chill it was below zero.
Our next step was to make ornaments. We made popsicle snowflakes. We had glitter everywhere, but all the kids helped and had fun. We also made a special star for the top and added some candy canes.

Our little tree is done and it was picked and decorated with lots of fun, laughs, and love. These are the things the kids will remember. And of course, Christmas decorations are not complete without stockings.

As I finished hanging the stockings and checking to see if the were even. I felt such a peace, all the stockings are now hung. I truly felt complete.

1 comment:

Julie said...

we did the snow flakes last year, you are goinf to find giltter till June!!!!