Sunday, September 13, 2009

Labor Day...Lake Powell

We rented a camper and loaded up the family and headed down to Halls Crossing. The kids were so excited about staying in the camper we could of just rented a camper and left it in the driveway for the weekend.
The kids loved sitting in the front of the boat and feeling the wind on their face. They were like dogs hanging their heads out a window. The would scream and say "go faster, Dad". Unfortunately, the result from them in the front of the boat was wind chapped faces.

We spent the days on the lake, then we would go back to the camper for dinner, movie, and bed. Symen took the kids tubing and hydro sliding. The first day I am not sure who was more tired. The kids or Dad.

Emilee, tried everything. She was able to pull herself up on the hydro slide, water ski, and she even tried to wake board. I think next year will be the year for the wake board.

Garrit, loved to swim off the back of the boat. He would just jump in and out all day. We did eventually get him on the hydro slide and the tub. He had fun, but wasn't thrilled to do it again.

Zane did everything we would let him. He went on the tub and the hydro slide with Dad. He loved every minute of it.

We had some friends that parked their boat at a beach, so everyday we would go to the beach and have some lunch and play in the sand.






Symen took the kids for a little hike.






Dad and Emilee on the hydro-slide. I laughed so hard watching these two, I thought I was going to go into labor.

Garrit and Dad on the hydro-slide. Is that a smile I see on Garrit?

Things went more smoothly with Zaner. Zane is loving it.

Hanging out at the beach.


Poor Garrit, the kid is so skinny, his pants would not stay up at all.

We had such a great time. It was good to spend some time together as a family, before things get turned upside down with the baby coming. As a kid Symen would go to Lake Powell with his family, he really enjoyed sharing this with his kids. I can't wait for next year when I will look good in a bath suit and be able to ski and play with the rest of them.



4 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

I am just amazed that you were able to go being so pregnant! Beautiful pics! You are amazing.

Unknown said...

Better Garritt than Symen's pants!

Julie said...

you got to stop nameing your kids after Aaron people are go to start suspecting things ;)lol, I did not hear from you I am sure you were busy, I have you in my thoughts knowing baby will be here soon.
love you guys great fam pics. I am a sucker for the hinnie shot

Brenna LaPray said...

I found your blog through Shannans. I'm so glad!! Now I will be able to see that new baby of yours. BTW, Shanna had her baby a few days ago. I hope you're doing well.