Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Family Fun Day!

Last weekend, November 16th, we had a great day. We started out our day by going to the annual PKU breakfast at the children's museum in Salt Lake. They had a lot of information on new foods, formula, and a new drug. This new drug is helping people with PKU to have a more liberal diet. We are working on signing Emilee up for a trial to see if it will work for her. They are finding that the results are different in each patient. Anyways, the kids had a blast playing in the museum. Of course, the boys went strait for the water and Emilee went shopping.

I really not sure what dad was doing.

After the museum, we met up with the cousins in down town Salt Lake for lunch. We went to Muchies Meatballs. They have philly steak and meatball sandwiches. This restaurant was on the Salt Lake episode of Diners, Dives, and Drive-ins. Junior and I are fans of the show and were really excited to go. We both got the philly and it was YUMMY! However, in true Philadelphia form they put american cheese slices on the sandwich. I think you have to be from Philly to really appreciate it.

After lunch we head up the hill to go home. Junior and I were still full from lunch when dinner rolled around so for dinner I made the kids breakfast. They had chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, and bacon. The kids loved it. After dinner we played our new game that we got at the PKU breakfast. Scrabble Junior, I am not a fan of scrabble but I liked scrabble junior because the words were already on the board.







We had so much fun playing this game. Dad and Garrit tried to cheat, but Emilee would not let them get away with it. I don't know how it worked but we all tied. We were all winners!


And to finish off our great day we had movie night. We popped popcorn, had candy, and root beer. We watched Collage Roadtrip, the kids loved it. It had silly humor in it so the kids laughed through the whole movie.

I had so much fun hanging out with my family. I am so blessed with such a wonderful family.

1 comment:

Julie said...

very fun, that is really neat about the trial for PKU letus know how it goes!