Friday, October 10, 2008

Mom's weekend off...

For the first time in my almost 10 years of marriage, I did something by myself. Last weekend I went to Arizona for a little retreat. I had a blast. I spent time with my sister, Mom, and friends. I slept in and made no decisions on anything. I just went with the flow.

I went to breakfast with my friend LeAnn, we have been friends since junior high. I had a pedicure with Mom. Now when I take off my snow boats I get a little summer surprise. Went to the movies with Janette and Mom and saw The Women it was a good movie. Definitely a chick flick. I also went my nephew Brett's football game. He plays JV at Red Mountain. They won their game, so their undefeated record lives to see another Thursday night.
I went to one of my favorite restaurants, YC's, it is one of the few things I miss about Arizona. I went with the Nelsons and of course Mom.











While in Arizona Mom and I canned peaches. We did peaches and also made raspberry and peach jam. It all turned out very yummy.

We did two cases of peaches.

It was a lot of peaches to peal and cut. But when they were done, they sure were pretty.


The best part about doing the peaches was spending time with Mom.




While Mom and I worked on peaches, our good friends JuJu (Sorry Julie, you will forever be JuJu) Aaron, and Gionni came over to say hi. Gionni is going to be Tinkerbell for Halloween and is going to wear Emilee's old costume.

All in all it was a great trip. I enjoyed the time to just go with the flow and not worry about nap schedules and all the other things that moms have to think about. However, it gave me the opportunity to step back and see that I really do love my job. I love being a wife and a mom. The Lord has blessed me with a wounder family and I am thankful everyday for them.

P.S. for all of the wondering how Symen did with kids. He did great. I got home and he had a wonderful meal ready, he did laundry, took the kids to the store and even took them out for ice cream. He is SUPER DAD.

3 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Your trip sounds wonderful! I'm so sorry we missed you with visiting teaching last week. We came way too late and we missed you. Let's get together soon!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Your trip sounds wonderful! I'm so sorry we missed you with visiting teaching last week. We came way too late and we missed you. Let's get together soon!

Julie said...

I am so proud of you for taking good care of yourself, every great Mamma needs a recharge! We loved seeing you and the Tink outfit does make me tearup a little. Thank you for having your babies first so we could learn from you!