Saturday, January 10, 2009

Jason

20 years ago, my oldest brother Jason was killed in a car accident the day after Christmas.
It was a day that my world changed forever. The things that I learned on that day seemed so real and scary to me. Ever thing in my world was upside down. All I knew was that Jason was gone and Christmas would never be the same.
As the years went by I learned more and more each year. As a became strong in the Church, I learned that I would be with Jason again and that he was part of my everyday life.
After becoming mother I learned that my mother is AMAZING. My mom became a rock when Jason died. Along with dealing with her own grief she was helping everyone else deal with their grief also. She was the one who got our family through that time. I hope and pray that I never know her pain and the strength that she has.
This year while I was sitting in primary and watching the leaders re-enacted the birth of Christ, the spirit touch my heart and enlightened my mind. As I sat and watched this little baby, my tears just started to run. What a great time for Jason to pass, the day after the birth of Christ. Because of Christ and his life, we have eternal life. To celebrate Christ and be reminded of his great sacrifice at the same time remembering Jason. What a wonderful thing.
I am very blessed to have Jason watching over me and my family. He is there. At many times in my life I have felt as if, if I look over my shoulder I would be able to see him standing there. I will see him again, he will be there waiting for me when I cross through veil on the right hand of my brother Jesus.
Jason, I love you and thank you for watching over me and my babies.

3 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

That is really touching. I am sure your brother is there to watch out for your whole family and protect them. That was a sweet post.

Julie said...

I do see alot of Jason in your boys so I nkow he watches and blesses them. One of the great parts of being a mom, is understanding what are moms did for us.

Unknown said...

As you know this is a tender topic for me as I am going through my own trials but your strength in that post helped me, thanks for sharing something so personal.