Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

What a fun and crazy day we had. I got up early to make the kids a fun Halloween breakfast. We had scarecrow pumpkin waffles and witches brew (apple juice and dry ice). It really set the day up for fun. Garrit was not quite awake yet.
Garrit had a halloween party at school and got to wear his costume to class, he was very excited. He had a blast at school.
Emilee also had a Halloween party at school. I am in charge of all the class parties in her room this year. So, this was my first party and I was stressing. It is stressful trying to come up with ideas that will keep 23, 6 years entertained for 2 hours. Anyways, it turned out great. The kids made slime with Symen (thanks for helping babe), they did games, made carmel apples, and did a cute bat craft with their hand prints.


After all the fun the kids at school. It was time for the main event. This year Emilee was a witch.

Garrit was a Jedi.


And Zane was a fighter pilot.


We live in such a fun neighborhood. At the park the HOA set up hot coco, root beer and carmel apples for the kids. We also had one neighbor that handed out hot dogs and chips. Zane was all about the food. One family had a party, with chili and other food. I will know for next year not to worry about feeding the kids before they go out.

The kids had a great time. Emilee went trick-or-treating with her friend for about an hour. I am not sure if I am ready to admit, that she is at the age when would rather do things with her friends then her family. I took Garrit and Zane out while Symen handed out candy.

The first house Zane was a little scared. However, if his brother and sister are doing it so will he. He went to the door with the kids and just stood there. After he got the candy he was excited. The next house and every house after that he would say "tric tret" and "thank you".


After taking the boys out for an hour, I took the boys home and Symen took Emilee and Garrit to the haunted house and to do some more trick-or-treating. Emilee was all jazzed about the haunted house. According to her "Its not going to be scary because I remember it from last year." Well, to her surprise they changed it. She went through with her hat over her eyes. She even ran into a wall. Garrit on the other hand was going to go, as long as dad carried him. He did fine through the whole thing except at the end. Garrit told me "there was a guy in jail, and I was scared that he would take my candy."

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Julie said...

the bat hands are so cute love the idea!