Friday, October 17, 2008

Shopping with the boys.

For all of you that are mothers of young children know what it is like to take your kids shopping with you. And for you that don't remember the ordeal of shopping with your kids, it is war. It is a constant battles in every isle.

"Mom, can I have a treat?"

"No, honey"

"Mom, can I have a star war fruit snacks?"

"No"

"Mom, can I please, please have that light saber?"

"NO!"

"Please, don't touch that"

"Just sit in the cart and I will be done soon."


I usually end up losing one or two battles along the way, however, if I can leave with out buying a toy. I have won the war.
Last week the boys and I made our monthly trip down to Provo. Target was one of my last stops, so as I unloaded the boys I prepared myself for war. To my surprise the boys did great. Zane found a new snow hat that he wore around the store. Also, Garrit and Zane found a new way to have fun at the store.

They help mom push the cart. They were having a blast working together pushing the cart making stops to fill up. I love that the boys can find something fun anywhere.

2 comments:

Julie said...

anything to keep them busy! My friend was telling me she took all 4 of her boys to COstco, ended up needing to carts for all the stuff and people keep asking her "do you need help" she thought wow I must look really pitaful! I told her no people just understand life and gets crazy with kids at costco!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Oh my goodness, I don't know how I'm going to go shopping with two babies. Up until now, it has been nice to get out and take Maren to the store once in a while. I think I will be leaving one of them with Ryan after the new one is born.